- Create a vision board. This means selecting pictures of key things which you wish to be in your life. This can be for example, a new car, a dream home, money, a sporting achievement, a travel destination. The best way is to take either a cork board, or a large piece of paper and cut out and stick the pictures to it. Keep it somewhere where you will see it every single day. This will motivate you and move the things you want into your subconscious mind so you’re more likely to achieve them.
- Be intentional. Choose what you want in your life and set about a plan to get there. Take small, incremental steps. Start each morning by visualising yourself living your dream life, as if you already had it. You cannot attract into your life, that which you aren’t certain about. Visualisation bridges the gap between an ideal reality and a concrete certainty. The more often and in the most vivid detail in which you visualise yourself in that dream scenario, the quicker it will manifest in your life.
- Don’t be afraid or worried that visualisation will not work. Relax, take a deep breath and trust in the power of your subconscious mind. This is not just a fantasy, it’s a reality. Successful athletes, celebrated artists, musicians, actors and infamous politicians have all attested for the power of visualisation. In order to be the best, you have to discipline your mind to focus on the best.
- Focussing or dwelling on your current circumstances is not healthy or helpful. Although you mustn’t avoid the responsibilities of reality, it’s imperative that you don’t let circumtances dictate your reality, either now or in the future. Have childlike faith in your convictions and in what your future will become and is becoming. You will get there if you are consistently visualising your goals and dreams and simultaneously taking action towards them.
- Your goals must be in congruence with your deepest desires. To be the most powerful, what you are visualising and what is on your dream board, will stir strong emotions in you and inspire you to be better and to contribute more. The ultimate goal of attracting your future into reality is to create value, in not only your life, but in the lives of others around you. It’s not about having nicer things or to crave the superflous, but rather to live abundantly and love others. Everything in this earth is temporary but your energy and your vibrations whilst on this earth will abound into eternity.
I would love to hear your personal stories of visualisation. Leave a comment if you either have a vision board or you are inspired to create one.